Saturday, March 27, 2010

New Bracelet


From time to time, I accompany my friend to Chicago on shopping trips for her store. We go to shows at the Merchandise Mart, and snoop around other shops for bargains and interesting stuff. It's a wonderful getaway. About a year ago, we were there between stores in Lincoln Park and passed a bead store. (I should have a bumper sticker: "I stop for bead shops") We went in for a look. enBedia is a rather pricey shop with wonderful stuff. I dropped about $20 and came away with this little bag of goodies. That's the way it is. Every bead shop has something to offer and no one has it all. I guess that's why I, only very rarely, am able to cash in a frequent user card.
So, over the past year, I've been accumulating the rest of beads for the bracelet featuring the beads I bought in Chicago. Some of my stores have closed since I've purchased stuff in my treasure chest. Some have moved. Some have opened with the spoils of stores that have closed. I'll pretty much shop anywhere.
So, from time to time, I looked at my collection of beads but just didn't seem to have the beads necessary to put together the bracelet I wanted.
Finally, after a trip to Hobby Lobby, I had everything I needed to make the bracelet.
Done!

No comments: